The RM of Victoria landfill is located 2.5 miles south of Highway 2 on River Road.
A waste transfer station is located at Cypress River on the North side of Highway 2.
Derelict vehicles are not allowed on private property, unless a license has been obtained from the Municipality to do so. The annual fee for a license is $300.00 per year.
The Municipality may enter and remove any derelict vehicle from private property. Costs for removing, towing, storing or disposing is the responsibility of the owner of the derelict vehicle and/or property owner.
Please keep yards and property free and clear of derelict vehicles.
Cypress River Waste Transfer Station
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Please note this is a Waste Transfer Station only. Larger items must be taken to the Holland Waste Disposal Grounds.
Holland Waste Disposal Grounds
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday 8:30 am - 1:00 p.m.
Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Certain articles are NOT allowed at the Waste Disposal Grounds.
- Dead Animals
$30.00 disposal fee for units that contain harmful gases.
(Fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers or dehumidifiers)
Fee's payable for non-resident and commercial use for disposal at the Waste Disposal Grounds are as follows;
Trucks & Tandems
(3 ton truck and/or large trailers)
|3)||Single Axle Trailer||$200.00|
|4)||Tandem Axle Trailer||$300.00|
|5)|| Single Axle Truck (1/2 ton box)||$100.00|
Unreported items dumped at the landfill is in violation of the access reporting procedures and will be charged double the tipping fee as listed above.
If you wish to gain access outside of the regular hours, please contact the RM of Victoria Office. Please note an access fee of $50.00 will be charged for this service.
Clean Farms (Pilot Program)
Pick up your FREE bags at the Holland Waste Disposal Grounds or the Municipal Office.
- Shake to remove debris and keep as clean as possible.
- Roll grain bags and tie securely with twine.
- Bag your bale/silage wrap in Clear-Ag film ONLY or flatten bale/silage wrap and tie securely with twine.
- Bag your plastic twine in the yellow bags ONLY.
Return to Holland Waste Disposal Grounds.
ONLY clean, dry and separated plastic twine, bale/silage wrap and grain bags will be accepted.
Paint and Light Program
Household paint now accepted.
- All items must be properly sealed, labeled and in original container.
- Full, partially full and empty containers are acceptable.
- Fluorescent light bulb and tube now accepted.
*Check at the office or the Holland Waste Disposal Grounds for a full list of acceptable products.
- Household batteries
- rechargeable batteries
- lawnmower batteries
- ATV batteries etc.
- Desktop Computers
- Portable Computers
- Computer Peripherals
- Desktop Printers
- Display Devices
- Personal or Portable Audio/Video Systems
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems
- Home Theatre In-a-box Systems
- Home Audio/Video Systems
- Non-Cellular Telephones
- Scanners/copiers/fax machines
- Floor-standing photocopiers and Multi-Function Devices. (dimensions up to 48" wide, and are up to maximum weight of 200 kg)
Cypress Garbage Pick-up
Every Saturday Morning for scheduled pick-ups only.
Please Contact Cypress River Chamber of Commerce for more information.
Holland Garbage Pick-up
Please have garbage out by 9:00 a.m. to ensure pick-up.
Council of the R.M. of Victoria encourages recycling.
Please do your part!!
Save our Waste Disposal Grounds for a few more years.
Following material groups can be recycled at the Holland Waste Disposal Grounds, Cypress River Waste Transfer Station and Curbside Recycling Blue Box Pickup:
- Newspaper (flyers, envelopes, take-out food bags, egg cartons - NOT STYROFOAM)
- Telephone Books
- Magazine and Catalogs (including glossy paper)
- Office Paper (bond paper, envelopes, Kraft paper, etc.)
- Shredded Office Paper (Place in clear/blue bags)
- Box board (cereal boxes, laundry detergent boxes, toy boxes, show boxes, etc.)
- Clean Corrugated Cardboard
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel/Tin Cans (no need to remove labels)
- Glass Jar and Bottles (Please remove all lids)
- Gable top beverage cartons (milk, milk products and juice cartons & Kool-Aid jammers)
- Tetra Pak Containers (beverage containers)
- Coffee cups & lids (Tim Horton's/McDonald's)
- PET #1 Plastic (soft drink bottles, some food and personal care product containers)
- HDPE #2 Plastic (milk jugs, Tylenol, Advil, vitamin bottles, some food and personal care product containers)
- LDPE #4 Plastic (containers and lids from margarine, yogurt and other food products)
- PP #5 Plastic (Margarine, yogurt, clean coffee pods, plastic cutlery, prescription pill bottles and other food products)
- #7 Plastic Containers (ketchup, syrup, margarine containers, straws, etc.)
- Car Seats (cloth & seat belts need to be taken off)
ALL CONTAINERS SHOULD BE RINSED